Monday, April 14, 2008

Our First Blog Posting!

Here it is...in all its splendor, our first blog posting! We finally gave in to beginning a blog to keep up with friends better, especially with the move and all new life transitions that are beginning for us. (And we didn't even have to have a baby to start one!) hehe  Before I begin with my brief update, perhaps you should know all of the hard work and marital compromise that went into beginning this thing. Our first predicament was to come up with a good name because you all know that blogs need good names. Well, Colby and I probably sat in bed for 2 hours one night cracking up hysterically at all the names we had in mind. Rejects such as "Babbling Brownlees, Brownlee Business and Amish Envy quickly sank to the bottom. Colby was set on Amish Envy but I told him we might offend someone. He of course looked at me and said, What Amish person would be on a computer with a blog?...point taken. Next we researched the different sites, figured out how to do the actual blogging thing, and then agreed on a template (Joanna's choice is more like it), and tadah! Here it is.  Well, things are crazy around here as we are getting ready for nursing school graduation (Joanna), selling our treasures on Craigslist, packing and more packing, and then relocating to Ft. Worth in May. Colby is the official phone guy and gets to talk to everybody and their dog about bills, mortgages, utilities, change of address, etc. Poor thing. But my excuse is that I'm busy finishing up the final papers, presentations, the dreaded finals, and then even more dreaded Nursing Boards. But then after those arduous tasks are over, I will begin my new job on June 2nd at Cook Children's Medical Center in the Hematology/Oncology unit. I am very exciting about this new venture. It will surely be challenging, but I hope to make a difference in those kiddos lives as well as their parents and sibling that go through such stressful times. I will definitely pray more for my patients than I ever have once I begin work there. We are excited about our new house in Ft. Worth and if you'd like the address, let us know and we'll send it to you.  And of course you are all welcome to come visit! Ok, that's all for now. (sorry not very entertaining, but I'm sure Colby will add thought provoking serious posts on here compared to my ramblings.) Tata!

6 comments:

Andrew K. Suen said...

Brownlees! how exciting! thanks for the update on your lives. Fort Worth! you'll be closer to my hometown! I haven't forgot about ya'll and Vista... It's just that life at UT has been filled with endless schoolwork and activities. I will need to make a visit soon. perhaps I should start a blog to keep everyone updated.

I'm excited for ya'll!

Andrew Suen

Unknown said...

Are those paisleys in the background? Pretty cool, Colby. See you guys soon.

Unknown said...

Yay! First facebook, now blogger - Colbs, you really are caving in. :)

Who knows guys - very soon we can be living within short driving distance of each other! And the Priours! God knew that we had been apart far too long. :)

P.S. please send me your new mailing address!

Joanna said...

That's just mean, Dustin

Joanna said...

Michelle, what kind of plans are you making? Are you going to be moving back?

Joanna said...

Andrew! great to hear you are doing well! Let us know when you get that blog going in all your spare time ;) I wish you the best of grades on your upcoming finals...work hard!