Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's Official!


Today I received my official license as an RN in the State of Texas. I took my boards on July 1st and 5 hours later, I passed!! Of course, I had to sit around and wait in anxiety for a few days before I got the passing results, but now I'm a Registered Nurse! Once you graduate, you are a GN (Graduate Nurse) and can work a certain amount of time on that permit before you take your boards and convert over to RN. My cousin Elizabeth also came into town to visit and was able to help me celebrate with a Pomegranate Mojito, yum.


Work has been going good, just hard adjusting back and forth from nights to days. I really like the people I work with and the kids are so precious and have been a lot of fun. Overall, I've learned just how resilient kids are. They can have so much going on and don't complain at all like we adults do. It makes me reconsider many things that I whine about. Newly on my mind is my patient from this past week. I was lucky to have her 2 nights in a row and she is the cutest little 6 year old ever! Sadly, she had to be in the hospital on the 4th of July, but was able to go out and see the fireworks. She has been newly diagnosed with a brain tumor and went in for her surgery on Monday. I go back to work tomorrow and can't wait to check on her, but please remember her and her family in your prayers if you think about it. She sang songs for us and pranced out of her room at 5:30am to come over to give me a hug. Just melts your heart and hurts it at the same time when you know what she's going through and the road will just get longer in the days to come. I know God has placed me on this floor for a reason, so I hope I can bring joy and comfort to my patients for at least the 12 hours at a time that I have them. It's just hard not to bring it home and think about them, but I do feel called to pray for them and know that the Lord brings them to mind for this purpose. Anyhow, just wanted to announce that I am official!

1 comments:

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you and I am sure it is such a relief! And I saw that you know Abby & Jay Lea - so fun that we know so many of the same people! Again, congrats!