Saturday, July 26, 2008

A LONG Week!

Orientation week was pretty crazy. Colby was gone everyday from 8-5 sitting through introductory lectures, computer training and Basic Life Support and then had a social event every evening. I got to go along to a few and just the 3 that I went to made me tired. We had a wonderful time getting to meet new people and really like the people in his class. I joined the spouses association, so hopefully I'll be able to meet some other wives and be able to help out with class support and make some new friends. We decided that we haven't been this social since we were at Baylor, nor have we had so much free food since then!

I also had my Chemotherapy certification workshop and testing at the hospital on Tues/Wed. so now I'm good to go with administering "safe chemo." That sounded like the biggest oxymoron the whole time, but I do feel like I know a whole lot more about it and will finally be able to do everything independently on my floor once I'm checked off of the actual administering.

Here is a picture of our nametag collection from the week from all the events. Keep in mind we even threw away a few before deciding to save them on the dashboard. :)

-JB

2 comments:

Tania said...

Colby, glad you made it through intro week, sometimes I think THAT is one of the hardest parts sitting through some eyelid-droop-inducing lectures.

Joanna, glad to see it's going well for you at the hospital, I am actually on the Heme-Onc floor right now at Texas Children's, so I think we're probably both learning lots of the same as I haven't had much chemo exposure until now!

Take care, ya'll, hope to talk to you soon!

Tania said...

P.S. -Travis, I didn't realize I was posting under Tania's account.