Goodness it's been awhile since I've updated. We've been all over the place lately. I don't have any pictures, but here's what we've been up to:
1) Colby made it through his first Biochem test! I'm so proud of him, that stuff is no fun to learn and sometimes seems irrelevant to actually being a doctor, but I guess you have to get through the daily grind stuff before getting to the fun stuff.
2) I got Lasik on my eyes on Monday!!! It is wonderful! At my post-op appointment, I was 20/10, which I never even had with my contacts. It is so weird going to bed b/c I can still see and I feel like I'm not ready for bed until I'm blind. The post-op things are a little hard, like 2 kinds of antibiotic drops every 4 hrs. for like 3 weeks, I have to sleep with shields taped to my face and I shower in googles for 2 weeks, no eye makeup (which lets face it isn't really a problem), but the biggest is I can't rub my eyes for 2 months! Ahh, this has been really hard. But the blessing of sight is one that I will never take for granted! I highly recommend this to any of you vision impaired people out there. I can't wait to go on our first campout, swimming, or any other time that contacts are a pain. I am still having a little trouble seeing at night, especially driving-all the lights have halos around them- anyone else have this problem?
3) Saturday was my only weekend day off for the entire month of August, so we celebrated with having some of our new Ft. Worth friends over for a barbeque. It was a lot of fun to eat and socialize with both new and old friends, and definitely a welcomed alternative to working and studying.
4) The Olympics!!! Just like everyone else out there, we love the olympics. It's been so much fun to watch, however I have been a little ticked about some of the gymnastics judging and think a few of our girls have been jipped! Like Nastia last night...what?!? Tie breaker built in!? Grr.
5) Sunday our good friends Grace and Nathan stopped by our house and we all went out for a fun gourmet dinner at Arby's before they had to get on the road to head back to Temple. It was great to see them and get to visit for a little bit.
6) Lastly, my family stopped through last night after they returned from the family vacation to DisneyWorld, so we got to go eat dinner with them last night and hear all about their trip. They had some great stories to tell. The biggest shocker for me was that my little brother Benji, who just turned 13 (oh my goodness, a teenager!) last week was taller than me! I can't believe this, I used to change the kid's diapers and I now look up to him. Hope starts middle school this year as well. They are all growing up so fast and I miss seeing them go through all these life phases.
Well, that about sums it up and I have some back-posts with pictures that I need to post soon. Hope everyone has had a good summer!
-JB
3 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment