Our Thanksgiving was wonderful and we were reminded just how much we have to be thankful for. We drove out to west Texas to Andrews to spend the holiday with Colby's family. It started out kind of rough the day before b/c I was sick and couldn't keep anything down. But hey, Thanksgiving is not just about the food, right? Thank goodness I was feeling better by the day and could nibble here and there. Colby did great carving the turkey! The meal was delicious and I'm very fortunate that my mother-in-law is a great cook! I loved being able to relax and spend time with Colby. He took 2 whole days offof studying! It was great for him to be stress free and enjoy time with family. Since we divide the holidays between the families, we also had Christmas! Nothing like getting into the holiday spirit by opening presents early! It does me help to get most of the shopping done early. We loved our gifts, but were most fortunate for the gift of family and the blessing that they are in our lives!
Colby took his guitar to the nursing home to play and sing for Papa. We love spending time with hime and listening to his stories. He even suggested that Colb should be on the radio- hey, a good fall back plan if studying gets old!
2 comments:
Love the pics- don't forget to send them my way!
Thanks for commenting! :) Glad to know we weren't the only ones unmotivated to decorate! Let me know if you ever work to where you get a lunch break - I work in the Medical Professional building attached to Plaza Hospital - right by you! :) I am going to add you to my list of blogs to I can "officially" stalk you! Have a great day!
Post a Comment