Friday, March 13, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Ok blog world, I'm coming out of the closet with where I've been these last few months. As you know, I'm usually a regular blogger, posting our updates, etc. Additionally, I'm a really good blog reader, I love keeping updated with what everyone is doing. I love getting comments on our blog, so in return I'm an excellent commenter...it lets you know that someone's reading your efforts! Well, in January I made the decision to go back to school. Yikes, it was a big one and has proved to be even bigger! I'm going to UT Arlington and am working toward my master's in nursing. I'm leaning toward doing pediatric nurse practitioner, although have rethought this many times. I'm only taking 6 hours of classes and this has been one of the hardest semesters of my life! School is very time demanding as I'm taking Advanced Pathophysiology and a Nursing Theory class. Well, keep in mind I'm also working full time at the hospital and am a full time wife taking care of Colby and getting him through med school. So now the previous posts of me feeling burden make sense huh? I know I'm not alone and many people do this with graduate schoool, however I think I might have overestimated myself. I've been stressed out and spreading myself pretty thin, so I would like to thank my hubby for putting up with me as well as my friends who I haven't called back in ages. I turned in a heck of a research paper yesterday and feel like I can breathe again now that next week is Spring Break. (Still working, but you get my drift!) I have a feeling I'll get to start posting again soon, and there will be lots of back posts. Oh well, such is life! Well, my first goal is simply to finish this semester, and then we'll see how I feel about continuing at that point...one day at a time and I don't want to talk myself out of it, it's just really tempting to going back to nursing and wife-ing and have a little more time for myself in all the busyness. Hope everyone is doing well!

Here's what my kitchen table has looked like this past week...

3 comments:

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Has anyone told you how amazing you are?! So impressed with all that you are doing! Hope that you can enjoy spring break even with still working full time - keep it up! Youre doing a great job!

Misti said...

Hey there! This is Colby's cousin, Misti. So good to find your blog and I'm enjoying keeping up with y'all. Tell Colby I said hello and y'all take care!

Kristin said...

hi jo! wow! i am really impressed with you! i hope your spring break brought you much needed rejuvenation! you both are our heros! i am proud of you for going for something even when it is so challenging. you will never regret trying!