Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter

Our Easter weekend was definitely not a typical one...but sadly will be typical from now on, as we are both in the medical field. I worked Thurs-Sun night, so it proved to be a long weekend as I worked about 52 hours in 4 days. Needless to say, I slept almost all day on Monday to recover! Colby had Good Friday off of class and so he was even on call with his tissue recovery company and worked a case that day. There is one advantage to being in a big church and that is that there were 6 Easter services to choose from. So I did get up a little early on Saturday evening and we went to church at the 5pm service which was just perfect as I have to be at work at 6:30pm. I loved being able to still sing and rejoice at the amazing miracle of Christ's resurrection. And I even went into work in a better mood! Another fun part was that we got to put out Easter baskets for all the kids so that when they woke up Sun. morning, they would even have one in the hospital! Pretty neat! Sorry for the bad pictures, they were taken on my phone.

"...As Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." Romans 6:4

Mandy and me with the baskets
The cute baskets!Chelsea and Mandy

1 comments:

Leah said...

It's the Brownlee's!! So good to hear from y'all! Crazier that we're both in FTW! I still think it's funny that y'all are both in medicine, but how appropriate.