Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Colby!

Yesterday, Colby joined me in the "oldness" and turned 27! He's been giving me a hard time the last three weeks, so welcome to 27 my dear! :) He is up to his ears in the Endocrine system right now. Not only is it hard starting back to school after a holiday break, but to be slammed with fast-paced and difficult Endocrine right of the bat has been hard with quizzes every other day and now a test coming up. Boo! So needless to say, he's been a little stressed. Our small group Bible Study is meeting at our house for the new study, so since everyone was coming over last night, how fun was it to surprise Colby and have a birthday cake! So I worked hard making the cake and even making Colby a special dinner. However, he almost ruined the plan! He told me he wasn't going to come home b/c he wanted to stay at school and study for the quiz today. WHAT?! Wrong answer I told him, he at least had to come home and eat dinner and then could go in the office and put in his ear plugs while we have Bible Study. I'm so glad he did, and then came out for a bit to enjoy some cake before returning for more studying. Studying on your birthday, whohoo, what a normal reality this has become for both of us. :( It's ok, it will all be worth it some day. I am so proud of his dedication and wish you a happy 27 my love!

Holy Cow cake with 27 in candles
Blowing them out for another year!
I love you Colb and am SO glad that God brought you into this world!

5 comments:

Paige said...

hummmm...not sure what a holy cow cake is. please do share my sweet sil!

The Lowes said...

I love hearing about all of the wonderful things that ya'll are doing. Now you much share the "Holy Cow" recipe!!!

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like a great party. Studying on your birthday is no fun, though .. I can relate!

Veronica said...

Hi there! Just wanted to say hi and thanks for your sweet comment today!

Happy Belated Birthday to your Hubby! The cake looked yummy!

Ashleigh Howlett said...

I must admit...I did say Holy Cow with the first bite! It was amazing! Thank you for sharing and Happy Birthday Colby!!