Well, I must admit, I've been in a bit of a blogging funk lately. Haven't felt like posting, haven't been reading them, but don't know why!? I guess things have been really crazy lately and I've been soaking up all the down time as much as possible. I finished up my classes for the Spring semester and have been on a little school break. So it's been awesome just having to work and "wife" and not having school in the mix. However I start my summer semester on Monday...boo. And it will be a VERY busy summer with work, class, papers, projects, and seeing patients in a pediatrician office. I'm looking forward to the office setting so I can further narrow down what I want to do. So I better take full advantage of this week of freedom!!!
Here's what we've been up to the last month and 1/2 or so! You'll notice the whole middle section involves a lot of me and the girls and not much of Colby. This has been the busiest, most intense month of his med school career (and life in general!), as he's been studying relentlessly for his Step 1 medical boards. Yikes! I'm so proud of him and all his hard work, so big prayers from everyone over these last 2 weeks would be much appreciated as this is important for licensing to practice and also scores for applying to residency programs. He'll have a break after these 2 tests before starting rotations. But sadly, that's when I'll be the busiest with summer school. Too bad our breaks didn't work together! :(
Saying goodbye to Ellie the Elantra

As promised, Tres, my new (to me) car!

Dinner at Yucatan with The Grady's. Love these two!


Kickball with our Small Group



We, that's right, WE played in a scramble golf tournament benefiting Candlelighters- and organization that helps support families going through childhood cancer, and are amazing at our hospital too!


Showing off the hole where we used MY drive! Wahoo! :)

Crohn's and Colitis walk with my Sommer

Roommate Reunion weekend in Austin! LOVED seeing my girls! We live all over the place now, so coordinating is often hard, but so worth it when we finally make it all together!

And this guy too! Can't believe how big Mason is!

Our weekend was filled with a whole lot of this....Laughed til my face hurt!

1905!

Pedicures with my FW gals and fellow med school wives. We gotta stick together!

Pretty toes and an afternoon by the pool!

Then I got to steal Colb away from studies for an evening to celebrate our 5th wedding Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 5 years of marriage! That sounds like a really long time but sure hasn't felt like it. I'm amazed when I think back to all that we've been through together. So blessed by my Colby! He had a great surprise evening planned and honestly the best part was just getting to be with him with his undivided attention for the WHOLE evening! We needed this evening with these last 2 weeks of crunchtime ahead of us. Love him so much and so glad God chose him for me!
Here we are enjoying our yummy dinner at Eddie V's

He's my favorite.

Kinda reminds me of this picture back in our Baylor days when we were dating, Ha..Colby's hair!

Here's to 5 wonderful years!

3 comments:
Great post... love all your pictures... looks like you have had a lot going on!
you HAVE been busy!!! so whose pedi office are you working with? there are always NP students in and out of our office - I love them!
y'all are so cute! congrats on 5 years!
step 1 is probably over by now for your hubby (hopefully!)--if not, best of luck! if so, i share in the relief of that monster being finished. i remember the cramming and the panic--yuck. it's the worst of all--promise.
Post a Comment