Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Third Year!!

Well, I have a few posts and pictures that are overdue as always, but I had to do a quick one to let you know that this week marks something VERY exciting! Colby started his THIRD year of medical school! Whoohoo! As you saw in the last post, he has finished Step 1 of his boards (though he won't get results for awhile) and started out in in his family medicine rotation. In case you aren't familiar, med school is set up with the first 2 years of "book work" and lots of studying and then the 2nd two years are clinical rotations where they rotate through all sorts of areas and see real patients and have a different kind of studying-more related to what do I do now? So, he still has reading, quizzes, and shelf exams, but this is where the fun starts and he gets to start learning the clinician side to build on the background he's been establishing over the last 2 LONG years!

I wanted to post some fun inspiring quote that contained either the word three or third. So I googled it and surprisingly there were a whole lot of quotes, just none that really applied. But the one that I did find was from Abbott and Costello. "Now, on the St. Louis team we have Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third." This actually made me laugh out loud because I too have been in a pediatrician's office this summer and am seeing kiddos on my own and presenting them to my preceptor with what I have found and Colby and I have joked at the number of times that "I don't know" is said in a day! HA! So it's getting better, but this was pretty fitting for both of us.

We had the pleasure of getting to spend the weekend with Colby's family and watch Kaylan, one of his little sisters, and Austin get married. We just love these two and really have felt like Austin was part of the family years ago. We are so excited to see what God has planned for these two!

Since then Colby's been golfing it up, watching tons of World Cup, went on a kayaking trip, and the lake over the last 3 weeks of his summer and unfortunately I'm in the craziest summer semester of my program, but it's all a season and I've enjoyed having my "house-husband" to go to the grocery store for me, clean the shower, laundry, etc. Well, test on Saturday so back to studies and I probably won't be back on until August after this crazy month is over. Hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying their summer!

This cutie bug and her mama came and visited for some shopping-Our precious niece Callyn Joy
Mr. & Mrs. Austin Yocham
Rehearsal evening
The Whole "Brownlee" FamSisters!Love these two! Have literally hundreds of photos, but that'll be an Aug. project. :)
Lakehouse weekend 2010
Don't know what I'd do without these girls!
Here's us at the "Boot Party" saying goodbye to the first 2 years of school and on to the next!
Colby with his compadresEveryone stay well...haha :) Thanks to everyone that has helped us get to where we are- For your patience with our crazy schedules and MIAness, prayers and encouragement, and for loving us and getting us through days that seem too chaotic to handle, love you!

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Hey Girl! Looks like y'all are doing well and speeding on through med school! Adam is doing away rotations- he actually already has done one but next month he will be headed to Fort Worth to do ER at JPS. Are y'all planning on doing any?

Lehman's said...

I feel I should congratulate you and Colby for making it to third year. You have reached the half way point. The next two years will fly by, but try to remember the milestones. You will see Colby slowly mold into a wonderful physician, and it is so much fun to see the transformation.