Sunday, January 2, 2011

My 28th Birthday

Well, I turned 28 right before Christmas so of course that leaves little time to blog about it. I'm definitely getting up there and it's weird to be the "late 20s." My birthday also happened to be the end of the semester for Colby and our friends, so we had a Happy Everything get together to celebrate. I was SO glad for Colby to be done with surgery. The q4 day call was no bueno and even though he really enjoyed it, I didn't so much enjoy him being gone all the time. So it was really fun to be able to relax and celebrate the first half of 3rd year being over! We.are.getting.there. I can feel it!

The festive set-up
 Megan, Clare and sweet Steph
 Representing Cook Children's! :)
 I've said it before and I'll say it again- could not have made it through med school without these beauties, such a blessing!
 December birthday girls!
 My love
 Our small group husbands...it is so hard to get them to be serious for 2 seconds for a picture!
 There we go!
 Some of my small group girls- love them so much!
These last are for my mom since she didn't get to see my Christmas tree. I had so much fun last year shopping with Paige and my mother in law and got a bunch of great stuff on sale after Christmas. My mother in love sent me those awesome snowflakes for the top. She always has a wonderful tree and decorative style so I was so glad to have her help at Thanksgiving. It was great to get to open it all up this year and be surprised. And I feel like I finally had a great mix of my decorative color-coordinated ornaments with all the special ones mixed in.
Without lights
 And with lights on! Hated to take it down :(

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

i loved how you called it "happy everything"

thats the truth isn't it? all the happy's get rolled into one big celebration. glad you go to celebrate! and thanks for all the updates!!