Monday, March 21, 2011

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Colby and I had a fun time at the end of February attending the marriage conference (Crazy Little Thing Called Love) that our church put on for the Life Stage 2 couples. It was a lot of fun and great to spend time with other couples our age and many friends from our small group. It's really refreshing to sit back and take another perspective about your marriage and things to work on. Colby and I are coming up on 6 years, gulp, in May and although we're out of the "newlywed phase" I know there are still so many things that God has shown us that we can do to improve our marriage, and therefore our relationship as a couple with Him.

The conference was at the Gaylord Texan, which is a beautiful hotel and conference center.  Such a cool place! We wish we could have afforded to stay there with the rest of the conference, but just getting to go hear the sessions was great! Here we decided to pose on a balcony and pretend! :)
 Here we are cracking up at the effort it took to take this "pretend" Gaylord picture
 And here's the effort! HA! We love you David, our loyal door holder! Thanks for helping us make memories! :)
 So, I mentioned we couldn't stay at the Gaylord, but don't feel sorry for us, we did get to stay at the Hyatt! Whoohoo! I don't remember the last time we had a little getaway, so this was a rare treat. We did a last minute Priceline name your price bid and got to stay in Grapevine at the 4 star Hyatt for super cheap! Have you ever tried that? We never had, and it was a fun surprise! Especially since we would have had to drive back and forth with early hours. Thanks to the McHenrys for taking care of Rocky for us!
This bed was so comfy! We seriously looked at the mattress and wrote down the model number!
 
Yay Marriage Retreat!
 
 In between sessions, we got to walk around Grapevine Mainstreet, have lunch with friends at a precious bakery, and ooogle over all the cute shops.
 Paige and Briyana, love these sweet girls
Saturday night was supposed to be a fun date night out as a couple, but Colb and I came back home and spent time with a date night in of Rosa's and watching a movie. Just perfect and our type of date! Thank you Lord for blessing us with the gift of marriage!

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I so want us to go to a marriage conference, I think it'd be fun! That looks pretty amazing!

Jeff and Erin said...

ya'll are so cute! Would love to see you next time we head North! =)

Anonymous said...

downtown Grapevine, my home! wave at Daddy's old office next time! glad you had fun, dear : )
Grace