So, a couple of weekends ago, Colby attended an eye research conference. What is an eye research conference you ask? Well, it's something that's quite nerdy where a bunch of people from all over the country come to present and listen to research about, well, the eye. Retinal stem cells, glaucoma, yadda yadda. Anyhoo- Colby gave up one of his free weekends to attend this. Let me tell ya, the man's committed.
I know, you're waiting for the point and my corny post title. Well, part of his registration packet included a night out at Billy Bob's Texas, which if you don't know is one of the largest Honky Tonks in Texas. And this night included entrance fee, dinner, drinks, bull-riding, and a Miranda Lambert concert (that was sold out). So I say to the hubs, we're going right? And he says, no I need to study. Whaa?? You're telling me that you've been sitting all day long listening to research and then you're going to go study for the rest of the evening? Did I mention it was FREE? Boo... Well, I was not a happy camper, but it just added to the con column of the medical journey.
Well, a couple of hours into his studying, I tried again....are you SURE you don't want to just go and get dinner? eh? eh? And what do you know? He caved! Wife wins! But then he said, "if I fail my shelf exam, it's your fault." Ugh! Pray he didn't fail it, or I'm in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
Anyhow, we got to pop into Billy Bobs for a couple of hours, ate dinner, saw a little bull-riding, then bee-lined out of there before the teenage girls crashed toward the stage. Sorry Miranda. Wish we could of danced, but just walking is a little difficult for me right now with my knee, so that was a bummer.
And what do you know, when we got home, he studied. Love him.
3 months ago
4 comments:
haha! I love it! :-) Poor Miranda. . .studying instead of staying for the concert! ;-) I'm sure he passed with flying colors!
I am so glad you won! sounds like lots of fun! what did you do to your knee?
haha fun! I don't know if I've said this before, but I know I've thought it before. I hope all doctors are like him, willing to give up some entertainment for studying. You know, like from a patient perspective. I'd hate to be seen by someone that always chose partying over studying, haha! I know all those doctors out there past their tests in the end, but I hope most of them were/are dedicated like your husband! Glad yall can break from your dedicated life every once in a while!
I can't believe I've never heard of Billy Bob's!
girl, you look gorgeous in anything :) LOVE XOXO
Post a Comment