Valentine's 2011 came and went pretty quickly. We both were at the hospital most of the day on Valentines, but did come home and have our traditional meal of crab legs. I love having a nice meal at home away from the crowds. I guess we never really have been big Valentine's celebrators- is that even a word? Colby sent me flowers one year when we were engaged and living in 2 different places, but other than that- I'm more of a "just because" kind of gal. Although, I love getting cards and words of affirmation no matter the holiday! So I did have one of those tucked in my purse that morning. :)
But, my favorite part about holidays is decorations! I love it! Guess I got that as a hand-me-down from my mom who always decorated when I was growing up and she sends me something fun each year to add to the collection. Colby rolls his eyes and grumbles about something else to get out of the attic, but I guess it's something I want to be fun for my kids in the future. I loved having my red and pink around all month long. And don't be fooled, most of the decor is from Big Lots, Hobby Lobby the previous year after holiday-sale, and The Dollar Tree. They have such great finds!
My favorite little guy. Wanted to take a Heart Day pic, but he was a little afraid of the heart, ha!
Ok mom, I'll pose with the flowered rose ball, feeling the love now?
Our traditional crab, as seen
here, and
here, and one more place that I didn't blog about. True story, I ask Colb if we're still planning on our usual dinner, and he looks at me like, what dinner? I then proceed to click through the blog and show him evidence, and he says, well, you proved me wrong! See how blogging spurs the memory! I can't wait to print mine out into books. :)
My Valentine
Yay for love and crab legs- Thanks Albertsons! They are always on sale on Valentines weekend and they steam them and flavor for free in case you didn't know! Just add yummy garlic butter sauce with some parsley.
This is probably my favorite little Decoration
I had several scripture blessings from my bridesmaid luncheon, and many of them are about love. So I placed them all over the house as a reminder of God's love for us and His promises. This one was Colossians 3:12-14 which was in our wedding ceremony. "Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
Then from the same luncheon, my hostesses wrote out a beautiful toast, so I placed this on the mantle as kind of a blessing over our marriage. It looked really pretty too!
I have been loving using things I already have and then sprucing them up for the holidays. I put snowflakes on this swag for Christmas, so it was fun to do hearts as well. And thanks to Target's dollar section, stay tuned for some cute Easter eggs! :)
Once again, already use this wreath, so put some cute metallic mini hearts on it
Pink, red, and glitter, yay!
I put the same mini hearts on all the cabinet knobs, oh Colby, he sure tolerates me well :)
I've had lots of fun changing this little basket on the island out for different holidays, etc. Got to put out the pink flowered balls that I had from college with a little crinkled wrapping and the same mini hearts. They came in a pack of 24 for $2 at Big Lots. I just tell you that to encourage those that are on a budget like us, you can even get good groceries at BL!
And last, my new addition from my mamacita, looked so cute on the front door, but gave Rocky a heart attack every time it hit the door from the wind, may be bringing it inside next year!
Happy Valentines! Hope you had a wonderful day and know that God's love for you surpasses all understanding. Nothing can separate you from His love! May you all be filled with the fullness of God!
Ephesians 3:19
3 comments:
okay yall could not be any cuter! xoxo love!
Y'all are such a sweet couple, seriously.
Your mother has turned all of us into holiday decorating fiends! I can't imagine not decorating for the holidays. I just took down my heart day decor and am in the process of getting the spring/easter stuff ready. Decided to make my door wreath for spring!! :) te amo!
Post a Comment