Saturday, February 20, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

We had a really fun Valentine's weekend because my great friend Nadine and her now fiancee (yay!) came in to celebrate her birthday on the 13th! We had a great time seeing them and miss our SA friends so much. On Saturday afternoon, we headed to Grapevine for a yummy lunch at Big Fish and then went to several different wineries on the Valentines wine trail. It was a lot of fun and was such a cute area. We can't wait to go back again!

Heather & NadineHeather, Nadine, Andy, ColbyThen...Saturday night we got all dressed up and Colby took me out to see...
...the ballet! Romeo & Juliet! It was so beautiful and I loved every minute of it! For those of you that don't know, I grew up dancing my entire life and even taught through college, so ballet is something that is so close to my heart. Whenever Colby and I were first dating in Waco, he surprised me with a trip to see the Austin ballet do the Nutcracker, and I knew it was meant to be! We have since seen Swan Lake and Cleopatra together but this one ranked up in my top picks. Perhaps a lot of it was that our "stage" Romeo & Juliet were actually married in real life, so their chemistry and dancing together was so beautiful. It was a fun date and surprise, thank you love!http://www.texasballettheater.org/index.php?q=node/7
Valentines night we went to church and then had our traditional crab leg dinner in our cozy home. It was delicious, cheap, and not crowded at all! Plus, we both were having to study that evening especially Colb with a test on Monday morning. I really enjoyed the simplicity in this day with my favorite Valentine!

1 comments:

Paige said...

What a good man my brother is! Love the sweater (and not purple at that!)and so glad you guys got to celebrate with good friends!