We had a record breaking foot of snow in the DFW area in one day last week! It was crazy, but SO beautiful!! While everybody got "snow days," including Colby's school, I still had to gear up on Thursday evening to drive home from work and at 5:30am on Friday morning to drive to work...yikes! A lot of people spent the night at the hospital, but I didn't have any stuff and really wanted to get home. All the snow was certainly a site to see! The first evening I couldn't even get my car in the driveway. Colby had to shovel it out, only for it to be covered back up the next day. I left the house super early in order to allow enough time to make it to the hospital. While on my street, there were 2 different neighbors that were stuck at the bottom of their driveways with the tires spinning. I was so thankful that Colb had dug it out the night before so that it wasn't quite as bad. He said, "I think that is the first time in my life that I've ever shoveled snow." So funny! We surely don't like the cold here in Texas! So on my drive to work, I did my best to not stop at any stop signs in my immediate neighborhood b/c I knew if I started/stopped it would be a lot more trouble in my car. Thankfully there wasn't anyone on the road at 5:30...imagine that!?! I was praying the whole way and just asked God to get me there safely b/c someone had to take care of those sweet babies at the hospital. So not too far into my drive, as I was getting on the highway (going maybe 20mph by the way), what is entering the access road, none other than a sanding truck!!! I literally said Thank you Lord out loud! What amazing protection! I made it to the hospital safe and sound, and had a good day at work, but wished I could be out playinging in the snow!
3 months ago
1 comments:
Hooray! I never thought I'd see the day Tejas got that much snow! Crazy!
Looks like you guys enjoyed it. Aren't sand trucks the best? We hold those guys to very high esteem here in CO :)
Post a Comment