Aaah! I'm so sad that my iPhoto went out, now I'm so far behind with blogging! It is pretty much fixed thanks to my lovely hubby, but haven't restored my Easter pictures, hoping they are still somewhere out there! So...here we go back to April!
Colby and I once again played in the Candlelighter's golf tournament fundraiser. This is such a precious organization to my heart, as they're motto is "Because kids can't fight cancer alone." They are an amazing blessing to my patients and the other nurses that work at my hospital on our floor. They come with coffee and donuts once a week and have pizza night and sodas once a week for dinner. They provide meal vouchers for the hospital cafeteria, help out families that have ever-stacking medical bills with specific needs and is just an awesome organization that truly does put donations right where they are needed. Consider looking them up!
We got to go and play on my hospital's team and also got to take a good friend of ours, Brad, along for some fun! Overall we for sure weren't the lowest score, but we had a great time! I've truly turned a corner with my golf game and can actually start to play without "skipping holes" or "stop counting my score," ha!! I even won the ladies' "closest to the pin" plaque. Ha! By default of course b/c there were only 2 ladies playing and by closest, that means I wasn't in the water that was next to that hole. I was quite proud of my Tiger Wood's skills. We had a blast, ate a yummy lunch, won a bunch of fun doorprizes, and really got to go help out my patients outside of the hospital-which is an honor to do!
3 months ago
1 comments:
Looks like such a fun event for a very worthy cause! Bill is currently in Fort Worth for his away rotation, and he is staying with my sister and brother in law (worked out nicely!). I can't believe our hubbies are fourth years! Only a few more months to go. :) Glad to know Cobly will be in Lubbock in October. We'd love to meet him and show him around a bit! It's really been a great place to live these past couple years.
Post a Comment