Thursday, August 18, 2011

Poor Deflated Blog

Hi. Remember me? Yep, my name is Joanna and I used to be able to blog. Now, I'm having a hard enough time trying to live my life, let alone record it! I WILL catch up one of these days!

In the meantime, several fun things have happened that will be blog subjects.
-Back in May the hubs and I celebrated 6 years of marriage! 
-Colby finished his 3rd year of medical school and began his 4th and FINAL year!
-We went to Colby's 10 year High School reunion, and pulled up in none other than his same truck from HS, ha!
- Weddings and babies galore.
- Colby finished, not one, but two Step 2 board exams.
-I got a job! I'll be working (once I take my boards) for the same pediatric hospital in the Neurology department as a nurse practitioner- I feel so blessed!
-We went to the lake for the weekend with my family
- I got my master's degree!!! so now, I have the following letters behind my name RN, MSN! whoohoo! It's been a long time coming. (currently studying and waiting to take my board exams to become RN, MSN, CPNP-PC)
-Rejoiced over Colby's Papa's almost 98 years here on Earth and what a blessing he has been in our lives 
- am currently doing ICU clinicals to become CPNP-AC in December, yes- still a student doing clinical hours, studying for my boards and working. Lovely. Running out. of. steam.  
-Got to see our sweet niece not once, but twice this summer- love her sweet smiles
Stay tuned and thanks for the prayers! Just wanted everyone to know we're alive and well! :)

Here's a picture from our 6th Anniversary dinner
 Colby and his Papa this past Father's Day, see where he gets his good looks and red hair? :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

Y'all are sweet! :-)

Stephanie said...

i miss you!!!! thanks for the update... been thinking about you!! xoxo, s

Claire Coleman said...

Wow, exciting times for sure! So glad y'all are doing well and to read your blog again! 4th Year, WAHOO!!! Good luck and bless you!