Monday, February 13, 2012

Lately....

Sorry to be so MIA lately, but there's been a lot going on with our life! We've been busy! I graduated in December and have been working as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in the Neurology department since October. It's going really well and I love the amazing group of people I work with. I've been learning a LOT and still have a LOT to go! But I've loved all of the kiddos and am settling into my new role.

Next up is Student Dr. Brownlee... He has 10 weeks left of medical school!!! Praise the Lord! Been a long haul! In January, he got accepted into an ophthalmology residency in Little Rock, Arkansas!!!! To say that we are still in shock is an understatement! God was so so faithful to answer our many prayers and has given Colby the opportunity to study in the specialty that was his first choice and we are excited about moving to Arkansas. We aren't sure where he will do his intern year until March, so we could still stay put here another year, but will for sure be in AR by summer of 2013. The city is really beautiful with lots of trees and the fall was breathtaking when we visited. There's tons of outdoor activities including camping, hiking, fishing, kayaking...so we think this is a perfect fit! We are of course a little nervous to be that far away from family, but know that we will meet some amazing people there just as we have here.

We were blessed to be able to go on a cruise after Christmas and through the New Year with Colby's family. We had a really fun time being with family and just relaxing during all the hustle and bustle. Our favorite part of the trip was an underground river/cave experience that was SO beautiful and a wonderful way to see another aspect of God's creation.

Christmas Card 2011
 In the underground River
Graduation & Hooding
 Mamacita and my Aunt Kack
 Blessed with the best in-laws!
 My last 20th birthday!
 Ok...so Colby and I might or might not have been in the ending production on the cruise ship! Ha! We went to what we thought was a "dance lesson" at the beginning of the cruise, and yes we did indeed learn a couple new dances. True fact: We were in Baylor ballroom Dance Society and went once a week to Mars McClean gym to learn a dance, as we love dancing with each other. Think weddings, out to dinner/dancing, etc. small scale! But before we knew it, we were selected to perform in a "Dancing with the Stars" type performance in the last show of the cruise. Colby did the Tango with one of the cast dancers and I did the Samba. Here we are in our costumes....too funny! And I don't think I'll ever be able to drag Colb to a "dance lesson" on a cruise ever again!
 Latin Lovers :)
 The boys catching some rays...except my fair-skinned red head in his long sleeves :)
 Colby played a ton of dodge ball, basketball, soccer...making himself hurting like an old man most of the cruise!
 On one of the dress-up nights
 The girls
 We had a blast playing with our sweet niece!!!
 Snorkeling with Kaylan
 The fam in our "cruise shirts" and Keens...the official sandal of Cruise 2011
 Beautiful beach in Costa Maya, Mexico
 New Years Eve!
 Happy 2012!!! We look forward to all you have to bring!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

YAYYYYYYY! i was praying for y'all and thinking about you and colby around optho match... thinking... oh... i hope they get what they want!! and then i kept checking your facebook page, hoping you would say something... but i didn't want to post anything. this is such wonderful news!!!! we need to celebrate! and p.s. the photo with the keens cracks me up. ethan has had two pairs in his short life thus far... great shoes :)

The Lowes said...

So happy for ya'll! So much has happened in the Brownlee family. Can't wait for the next move.

Christi said...

fun stuff! We are at the beginning of a semi-long haul with Thomas going back to school for a career change, so I love hearing others stories (success stories, lol). What an exciting time in yall's lives, things are changing in a big way but its so fun to embark on new adventures with your BF.
Happy 2012!

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

I am just coming across your blog for the first time and I am absolutely smitten! The look, the feel, the pictures... SO lovely. Thought I would say hi since I plan to stay a while. :) Have a wonderful week, sugar. xo