Sunday, December 5, 2010

Finals Week!

Well, I've been busy studying for finals and doing clinical check-offs, etc. so this past month flew by! I have so much to update! I've got one last week and then Colby has 2 weeks left before Christmas break- we are so excited! Until then, here's some to tide you over. On the night before Halloween, we had some friends over to watch the Ranger's game and then did some pumpkin carving. It was lots of fun- we had the Ozarka dot there representing, the Jolly Green Giant (and oh was he green-all over my house, ha!), Ketchup and Mustard, NBC and Conan, cute hippies/protesters, a penguin and Colby and I were "Ranger's fans." Yah, boring but we had better ventures planned for the next day!
 On Halloween day, our small group helped host a booth for the Trunk & Treat and we were Super-hero alley with games of search and rescue, Feat of strength (car bean bags and buildings), water gun shooting the flame out, and balloon animals. Well you know exactly where this gal was. My mom didn't give me those cool kits in my Easter basket for nothing- I whipped out balloon animals all night to the point of getting blisters on 3 of my fingers-ouch! I was pretty itchy the whole time and I thought it was because of my mask. I kept asking Colb if his was bothering him. By the time I got home I had a raised rash all over my face, neck, hands. I took a Benadryl and that seemed to help, but it was not fun. As I was laying in bed and going through my last thoughts of the day (you all know these moments) I say to Colby, oh my gosh, those balloons were made out of latex weren't they?!? And I am totally ALLERGIC to Latex as evidenced by my breakouts at the hospital. Ha! Lesson learned!
 Here's part of our booth with Mario, the Princess, The Hulk, Cobra, and Superman 
The Incredibles!
Some of the games
And drumroll for our costumes...................................
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! We were Raphael and Michaelango. Really Donatello was my favorite and Leonardo was Colby's growing up, but we chose based on which was easiest to create the weapon-ha! I think they turned out fun, after a little tweaking!
Here's the first proto-type...yah...not so much, haha! He's such a good sport- Love him!
 My dining room was probably thanking me for not using the cushions!
Makes you want to bust out with "Totally Awesome dude!" "Gnarly!" Or order a pizza :)

 More to come! Until then, pray for our studies and sticking it out these last few weeks, thanks for blessing us!

1 comments:

Christi said...

haha, awesome costumes, great job!