We popped over to Dallas one Sunday after church to go to the State Fair with my good friend Ashlee. We had some free tickets, so couldn't pass it up. It was a lot of fun especially because Colby had never been before. I went a long time ago when I was 10 or so, so it was a fun experience to go and see how big everything has gotten! The people watching....yes! And oh, the food- delish! Couldn't eat anything fried for awhile after it, but it was so funny to see all of the weird concoctions that people came up with! They do a contest every year- so it gets pretty extreme!
Mmm...sweet potatoe tornado with marshmellow creme, Colby's shrugging b/c I left him unsupervised and he ate almost all of it! Grr...
A lot of our patient's hands were on this car- awesome for Hyundai to donate $!!
No, we didn't have any...gross!
Nothing says fair like dancers, ha!
The line for a Fletcher's corndog, but so worth it!
Yummy! Thanks Big Tex!
Fried Alligator? Hmm..
Delish!
Ash and I with our token State Fair photo in front of Big Tex
Colby and I with said token photo
Go Bears!!! Well....
Ferris Wheel- huge!!
Mature....
We went to the Birds of the World Show-fascinating!
B-A-Y-L-O-R, Baylor Bears Fight! We've had a great season!!
Farmer Tom carving pumpkins
Yah...we rode that, after eating, not a good combo
Ash with her funnel cake, that I ate half of, ha!
Chocolate covered frozen banana...doesn't that face shout yummy?
The animals are my favorite part of the fair!
And the dog show...yah, not so much
Hey hot stuff!
Fried Butter, Fried PB&J, and Fried Cookie Dough- didn't try it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment